Friday, March 13, 2015

February Graphics in review

Following is the top 10 graphics I created for the Deseret News in February. Also included are pretty much the rest of the graphics I did in the month of February.

So without further adieu, here is my top 10 for February 2015:

1. Battleship Bismarck News in Education page

Top graphic for February goes to this charticle on the battleship Bismarck. I created all the graphics for this, and wrote all the text. Was a ton of work, but well worth the effort. I absolutely enjoyed learning more about this vessel and the conflict it was a part of. Click on the image to the image in more detail. 

2. Religious persection increasing

This is a tremendously important topic of our day. Recent violence against Jews and Christians is growing stronger. I highly recommend reading this article, by Mark Kelner, at the following link.


3. Extremely dry in the state of Utah

While everything East of the Rockies has been getting blasted by record snow, Utah, and most of the west, has had record dryness. Crazy weather to say the least. Is it global warming? Cooling? Man-made or part of the Earth's natural cycle? You be the Judge. Here is the link to the story by Emilee Bench

4. Depression among the youth

Simple graphic with tips for helping youth with depression. Not a bad read by Leslie Corbly at this link



5. The Oscars

I felt this turned out fairly well considering I had two photos to work with on the cover.


6. Apprenticeship in the U.S. extremely low

I find this slightly frightening. The times in my life where I learned the most were when I have worked with a professional showing me the ropes. Sometimes I wish I could have had one-on-one time with a master artist or graphic designer, instead of spending 8 years of my life in college and University. Written by Eric Schulzke, The article for this is a great read about what everyone should consider in choosing an educational path in life.


7. Teens views on sexting

Illuminating graphic on what teens views are on sexting. This is an article every parent should read. Article written by Sara Israelsen-Hartley


8. Graduation rates up among major minorities

I found this a bit surprising. If anything I would have assumed graduation rates among minorities would have been down since I graduated in 1999. Another article written by Eric Schulzke, with interesting analysis.

9. Dropping family out of your life. Really?

I know people cut off family from their life all the time. But these numbers are incredible. This article ,by Lois Collins, highlights the challenges and solutions people have found as children's beliefs deviate form that of their parents. Great read!

10. How did you find the love of your life?

This interesting graphic breaks down the group of people who still find love the good old fashioned way, without the internet.

The rest of the graphics for February

Below is nearly everything else I put together or created in February. Thanks for taking the time. Have a great day.






























No comments:

Post a Comment